RE: Europa-List: Trim tab movement

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trim tab movement
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:00:44
We had a similar problem during our build.  After staring at the
geometry for a long while, we came to the conclusion that the height of
the servo on the bulkhead contributes to size of the ratio between the
tail planes and the anti-servo tabs.  As I recall, we did some
calculations on how much more anti-servo travel we needed and raised (or
was it lowered?) the servo mounting location accordingly, giving the
desired 1.3:1 ratio.  While at it, we mounted the servo with anchor nuts
on the back side of the bulkhead, and allen screws on the servo side to
facilitate one handed removal of the servo mounting screws in the
future, if we ever needed to change out the servo (once everything is
closed up in that area).

regards,
Terry Seaver