Europa-List: 200 hp Supercharged EA81 to go in San Diego based Europa

Subject: Europa-List: 200 hp Supercharged EA81 to go in San Diego based Europa
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 09:38:12

  Well its here and its real!  200 hp supercharged dual port EA81 is being
purchased by a San Diego based Europa builder.  This engine has the
Rotrex supercharger used by BMW and Mercedes.  200 hp all the way
to 18,000 ft!  Only 15 lbs heavier than the NA EA81 that I have in my
Mono.  Everything possible has been done to this engine.  This is not
your fathers Subaru!  I understand the purchaser is having trouble
paying the balance so maybe it will end up under my cowling!
  Ron Carr at Ram Performance Subaru has had a 200 hp normally
aspirated EA81 in his daily driver for the last 5 years just trying to blow
it up with no sucess so has tremendous experience with these engines.
  If I do one for my bird I would have him "detune" it to 150 hp.
I think that would be plenty even at my mile high altitude!  Good thing
I beefed up the whole swing arm and motor mount assembly!

Here are some pics:
http://www.europaowners.org/modules.php?set_albumName=album130&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

The supercharger is here:
http://www.rotrex.com