RE: Europa-List: Wednesday DOTH

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Wednesday DOTH
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:31:22

Hi! Richard Welcome back !
I would have enjoyed meeting up except G-PTAG nose wheel fell off on
landing back from Shobdon Sunday evening ....Prop write off and nose leg
went "pot holing" and was ripped off, so major reworks needed, sorry!
No injuries though inspite of a "greaser" so we must be thankful !

Just on passing I suggest everyone checks the integrity of the roll pin
which secures the nose wheel pivot shaft to the wheel styrup since when
you adjust the "shimmy" friction you are tightening against a damn roll
pin only.!!!!!!
You will need to completely dismantle the nose wheel castor assembly to
do an adequate check whereupon you just may find that the grease
retaining "o" ring isn't working allowing grease to make for easy
pivoting needing more tension applied hence the roll pin shears!
Read this and ignore it at your peril IMHO.

Regards
Bob H G-PTAG