Re: Europa-List: Nico Groot Springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nico Groot Springs
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 02:21:41

Hear, hear Graham.  Apparently, Nico had the idea, did all the engineering,
and put up with the hassle of getting it implemented. And the manufacturer
was probably hoping, quite rightly, to get ongoing orders. I am sure there
was a reason, but I don't know why the other guys decided to take this over
in the UK. The left/right idea could have been easily accomodated by the
Dutch manufacturer. I prefer the stainless steel product from the Dutch, and
I prefer the left/right idea from the UK manufacturer who makes them in
galvanized steel. I have a galvanized trailer and it is rusting in a number
of places.
The sole distribution rights could then have been given to Europa ,or Nico
himself as Europa showed no interest initially.
I ordered a set from Jac, as I need it now to replace my sagging bungee.
There is nothing wrong with the bungee (or shock cord), but rubber does need
maintenance and periodic replacement.
My springs are lost in shipping, seem to have ended up on a sailing ship
going in the wrong direction.

Karl