Re: Europa-List: Tour de France

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tour de France
From: Robert Hitchcock <robert.hitchcock@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:50:10

Hi David

Looks like a super itinerary.

The only slight issue is that for the option of  La Fert Alais, LFFQ.
(Which I last flew into, wow was really 10 years ago!) I had to have
permission in writing beforehand from the museum specifying all the usual
details and that I had an obligation to speak in French. Which I fortunately
did. (I knew that French "A" level would come in handy one day).

The airfield would generally refuse casual access to all but home based
aircraft.

...........and yes hotels locally are impossible. The time when I flew in 10
years ago there was a rustic cheap hotel in the village, that has now gone.
The only things nearby now are the impersonnel Formule 1 type.

Giles do you see this as a realistic option for a group of Europas?

Regards

Bob