Europa-List: mag drop

Subject: Europa-List: mag drop
From: Craig Ellison <craig.ellison2@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 22:05:05

All,

Almost ready for first flight.  Bob Lindsay from Calif. is here to do =
the first flight.  On final mag check we experienced a 400 rpm drop on =
both A and B ignition systems.  The engine runs smoothly (synchronized =
carbs using kit from Lockwood) and no other hint of a problem.  Pulled =
the spark plugs and checked gaps.  All close to .033in.  Most light tan =
color.  Only top on #2 looked black/sooty.

Any ideas where to go from here?  I did have a report on this list of a =
fellow builder that changed the needle settings ( mid-range) from 2 to 3 =
to achieve a slightly richer mixture in the mid-range where the mag =
check is done.  This seemed to solve his mag drop problem.  Has anyone =
else used this method with success?  If not this what else should I be =
looking at?

thanks for any and all help,

craig ellison
A205/N205CN