Europa-List: RE: Favorite way to filter and carry fuel?

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Favorite way to filter and carry fuel?
From: scrimm <steve.crimm@stephenscott.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 10:08:54

Ron,

I have 3, 5 gallon plastic fuel containers that are used only for aircraft
(Mogas)
fuel.  I refuel the aircraft just prior to the next flight, and purchase that
fuel while en-route to the airport.  I do not filter the fuel prior to putting
it in the aircraft since it is fresh from the gas station (making the big
assumption their fuel is clean).  Also prior to adding fuel to the aircraft or
moving the aircraft, not wanting to disturb any settled contaminants, I sump
all of the fuel drains into a glass quart jar.  I sump about a pint from each
drain.  And depending on that fuels condition, I put it in my auto since I can
and not back into the aircraft.

As one who has used small fuel trucks for 30 years in the commercial helicopter
industry, if I had a small 100 to 150 gallon portable fuel tank, then I would
incorporate a  2 filter system for both particles and a water separation filter.

Steve
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/