Europa-List: pitch stop damping

Subject: Europa-List: pitch stop damping
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:02:24

Subject: Europa-List: Pitch stops with more dampening?
From: <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>

Hi Ron
there is a better way, (which gives more travel also,) makes it easier to get 13
degrees up and 5 down, 13 up gives more tailwheel authority on the ground.
I made the stops as U shaped glass layups with rubber facing, you could use
multi
Vee belt from your old car alternator belt.
I've attached a picture of Paul Stewart's stops off list.

Anyone come up with a better up and down pitch stop for mass balance
weights that absorbs energy in a slower fashion compared to the manual?

Ron Parigoris