Europa-List: Pip Pin clearance

Subject: Europa-List: Pip Pin clearance
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:02:15

In a message dated 4/21/2006 3:01:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
europa-list-digest@matronics.com writes:

Hi all,

> The pip pin MUST be fitted on the Port side.
> It is there to stop the end of the Starboard spar tang migrating aft under
> load, and pulling the rigging cup off the back of the Port spar,  and
> jamming
> against the aileron belcrank.

Thanks for the info, ya'll. I took the stbd wing off and left the port wing
on and now I see what is happening. Looks like a little material will need to
be trimmed off the lower forward corner of the CS15 quick connect bellcrank to

allow for clearance on the pip pin. I don't find this procedure in my manual,
though. Should be an easy fix. Pulling the wings off one more time........

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245 (Thoroughly looking things over, and over, and over.....)