Re : Europa-List: Rotax 914 Fuel FLow

Subject: Re : Europa-List: Rotax 914 Fuel FLow
From: Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:10:17

----- Message d'origine -----
De: Jim Butcher <europa@triton.net>
Date: Mardi, Avril 18, 2006 11:44 pm
Objet: Europa-List: Rotax 914 Fuel FLow

> I'm trying to get our fuel computer working properly.  I have
> transducers on the fuel going into the engine and fuel being
> returned to the tank.  What is the fuel flow others see at these
> places at reasonable power levels, say 70, 80 or 90%?  Mine seem
> to top out at about 35 gph but I think that's a calibration problem.

Jim,

The fuel flow vs power numbers are in the Rotax 914 Owner's Manual.
We cruise at 75 % power, with 20-21 L/h FF.
At 115 %  the fuel flow is in the 33 L/h range.
Maybe your instrument reads in liters, or something  is wrong with your return
transducer. Note that 35 gph seems not unlike the total flow through the system,
engne consumption plus return flow.

FWIW,
Regards,
Gilles Thesee,