RE: Europa-List: Alodine 1200

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Alodine 1200
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:38:12

Everything you need to know about these two Alodine products is at

http://www.loctiteaero.com/Images/Datasheet_PDF/hst_alodine1200s.pdf

and

http://www.aerospace.henkel.com/Images/Datasheet_PDF/hst_alodine1201.pdf

The most significant difference is that the 1201 contains hexavalent
chromium, the stuff of Erin Brockovich fame, and purported to be harmful to
various animals, us included.  Several years ago I bought a small bottle of
the 1201 from Aircraft Spruce but it may not longer be available.

It appears that the two products are functionally equivalent, based on a
quick read of these two documents.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070