Re: Europa-List: Weight and balance - Europa XS too

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Weight and balance - Europa XS too
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:31:57

Richard,

Alex Bowman's Europa XS is registered in Canada; my understanding is
that the Canadian authorities offer considerable latitude w/ regard to
max. gross weights of experimental aircraft. You're quite right in
noting that the Europa POH makes no provisions for flying at 1500 lbs,
nor does Alex imply that that is so...as I read his statement as
posted, he has calculated his C of G and kept it within the range given
in the POH albeit 1" short of the aft limit.

I'm happy to forward any queries you might have to Alex, and with the
coming of spring, Alex has told me that one of his priorities is to
produce some flight data over a broad range of conditions which I'll be
happy to share with the forum when it's available. As you may know,
Alex's plane is powered with a Honda-based, CAM 125 engine; I've posted
a number of pictures on the matronics photoshare w/ some comments.

Fred