Europa-List: kick back on 914

Subject: Europa-List: kick back on 914
From: Rmi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:55:28

bonjour Gilles,
The kick back problem is more likely on the higher compression/displacement
912S,
even when fitted with the heavy duty starter, but it can happen also on the
912 and 914. I experienced it with my 914 on a few occasions.
Remi

> Thx. for sharing input on CDI triggger coil gap adjustment needed on your
> 912S.
>
> "I strongly  recommend that new builder check their trigger coils before
> they hang  the engine on the aircraft."
>
> Has anyone found the gap needing adjustment on the 914s? (My motor is bout
> 9 months old)

No. Ran just fine from the start. As far as I know, only the 912S is
reported to have starting problems. Not the 1200 cc engines.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee