Re: Europa-List: Kick back on 914?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Kick back on 914?
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:26:48

We had a lot of starting problems with our 912 - we were just about do dive
in and replace the sprag when Andy Draper suggested that we check the
Torsional Vibration Damper setting (dead easy and its part of the Rotax 50
hour check) - turns out that ours was set to about 200lb inches - Minimum is
300, suggested is 400. Gearbox off to Conair for a few days - when it all
went back together, starts on the button (runs a heck of a lot smoother now
as well).