Europa-List: Aileron link rod tube

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron link rod tube
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:09:04

Seems like I just can't get past this section on attaching the
ailerons.

In order to cut the aileron link rod push tube, the manual says I
should measure the distance between the center of the aileron pin and
the hole in the short arm of the bellcrank, and then subtract 92mm.

Now, I can't seem to get which hole in the bellcrank they are talking
about. I know which the short arm is. But there is a hole on the arm
itself, onto which a rod end bearing was attached, and then there is a
hole on the rod end, which is what ultimately gets connected to the
link rod tube. Which hole is the manual talking about? A diagram would
have helped a great deal.

Also, in order to measure this distance, it would seem that you have to
drill a hole through the wing and cut portions of the aileron's leading
edge flange. Now, the manual does mention this further down the page in
the context of attaching the link rod to the drive bolt.
But the sequence of the tasks did not make sense to me, and I am
wondering if I am interpreting all this correctly.

I would appreciate any input.

Andrew Sarangan
http://www.sarangan.org