Re: Europa-List: Fastest groundspeed seen in a Europa?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fastest groundspeed seen in a Europa?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 02:01:54

Hello Michael

"Ron, Isn't this absolute meaningless?"

I am a balloonist. I have an interest machines that are pursuaded to take
advantage of the atmosphere moving from high pressure to a lower pressure.

There are many a balloonist that break the hundred per hour mark.

Just wondering if a Europa has broken the 300MPH mark.

To me that is not meaningless, it means that a Europa pilot maneuvered his
craft in position with a hundred MPH tailwind.

Right conditions (Jetstream), perhaps glider wings, oxygen and I don't
think that 400MPH is out the question.

Choosing to fly when in favorable conditions can and does play an
important role into ultimate speed of a aircraft. Choose a day to fly to
Florida from New York on the East side of a powerful high pressure area,
and return on the West side and see if that does not put a smile on ones
face, even if flying a slug.

Sincerely
Ron Parigoris