Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel pumps

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel pumps
From: Jan de Jong <jan.de.jong@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 02:04:30

Hello Gilles,

Very interesting.
My numbers are from the pump data published by Pierburg (on your site)
and Rotax.
The pump is supposed to deliver a flow of 120 l/h when output pressure
equals input pressure.
At what I deduced would be the maximum deliverable pressure boost (1,1
bar) it should still be 90 l/h.

Even if there where a serious restriction between your tank and your
pump (1,0 bar theoretical max. draw down) 53 l/h could not be made to
fit the published graph (the graph calls for a pressure boost of 1,5 bar
at 53 l/h).
Don't know what to think. It seems incredible that actual performance
could be less than half the published performance.

B.t.w. My 240 l/h is a little high indeed: exact total flow at 0,35 bar
is maybe 2 x 116  l/h  (graph), subtract minimum flow to engine, maybe 5
l/h, result 227 l/h. Same ballpark. But only if the published data can
be believed  ... And if my mental model is correct ...

I'm very interested in the results of your further experiments.

And I hope you get more flow results from people.

Regards,
Jan de Jong