AW: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pumps.

Subject: AW: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pumps.
From: Ing. Gottfried Komaier <gottfried.komaier@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:04:42

 Mike,

Here is the way I'll doing. I have the mechanical pump as a standby-pump on
the engine. The fuel is going through the pump  all the time in bypass, that
means all the fuel which is going through the mechanical pump goes via a
electrical valve back to the tank. In an electrical emergency, the valve
closes and the pump keeps the engine running up to ~2000m and ~55% power.
The fuel-pressure (Airbox pressure + 0,35 bar) is secured up to this
altitude and power setting. You can check the Airbox-Differential-pressure
with the new "uma"-gauge. www.umainstruments.com This instrument is the only
indicator for the fuel pressure on 914 engines which makes sense.

For checking the bypass-system the electrical pumps can switched off
momentarily after engine start.

Regards,

Gottfried