RE: Europa-List: RE: Throttle cable failure

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: Throttle cable failure
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:35:21

I have fitted 2 sets of cables now having recently changed the front end
of my Europa to XS specification. In both cases I took care to ensure
the smoothest of routing for the cables and cut them to an ideal length
for fitting to the carbs. The original set had minimal wear when
removed. They were only replaced because the XS setup requires them to
be about 100mm longer. During the early days of the first set I did not
have quite enough friction and I was having to hold the throttle back
---From advancing on descent. I would suggest that final throttle friction
is not set until full and free movement is achieved with a lesser
friction. It should then be obviously if the cable routing and
attachment is correct.

Nigel Charles