Re: Europa-List: Throttle cable failure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cable failure
From: Bryan Allsop <bryan@blackballclub.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:38:38

Hi David,

I have just replaced a throttle cable which I damaged whilst servicing. It
was a new one from Europa, and identical to the original which had been in
service for five years in my XS 912s.

It does not appear to be lined, but then it does not have have any undue
internal friction and works well. I had to cut it to about three feet in
length. It routes in an arked path from the throttle control box, over the
top of the engine frame ( at either side of the elastic), and then straight
into the carb.

I know that this may not be a great deal of help, but then it could be.

Cheers!  Bryan