RE: Europa-List: Mounting the 914

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mounting the 914
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:21:13

>>I have just come from a disheartening day of adjustment of the mountings for
>>the 914. This development is the result of some unfortunate decisions taken
>>too early and with which I now have to contend....

I used ratchet clamps around the cups  to squeeze the lord mounts and found the
914 engine alignment process quite straight forward. It took me six remounts
during a day to get everything aligned correctly. As with most things with this
aircraft, if it's driving you mad.. there's probably a better way!

You may have all guessed, I'M BACK!!!!!

I've just spent the past two rather disheartening years fighting lawyers and
actually
came out the other side in reasonable shape so it's about time this bird
of mine took to the air. I must say that placing an order for a Dynon FlightDEK
180 did help the enthusiasm a bit!!  :)

For those wanting to buy some conventional instruments at a 'reasonable' price
I'll be putting up a for sale list on my web site soon.

Regards

Tony