Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa - how much does it really cost?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa - how much does it really cost?
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:17:30

All

I am not so happy with the declining price of used Europas in the US.  With out
a strong factory presence, the price seems to be slipping. I saw a sale from
an estate for a XS with a 914 go for about 45K.  It needed so touching up and
has not been flown for over a year, but still it is a fine airplane. The new
owner
is very happy to have gotten it for that price. I saw him Friday at his hanger
in Olympia, Washington, USA.  He is caption for Hawaii Airline, planning
on retiring in a few years.

I have to tell him about this forum someday.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
http://www.europaowners.org/WileE

  >  To buy a new kit here [in U.S.] is alone $36K! Of course I don't think
they'll
sell many at that price.

  Doing the currency conversion on the 4 stages of the just the monowheel kit,
it seems like with overseas/domestic shipping it could be well into the low 40's
now in USD.  Not that our dollar continues to tank or anything like that!
Anybody know what recent U.S. kit sales are?