Re: Europa-List: Conductive grease

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Conductive grease
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:26:13

it does. Conductive grease enhances the conductivity of the
> connection and prevents oxidation down the road.

Well, chicken soup can't hurt either, if you have a cold.
Seriously, I've not seen it used in cars, and the operating
environment under the hood is a brutal one where they use
salt on the roads.  Every time like a sensor fails, I'd
prefer it to be the connector, but it hasn't yet been so.

On my 1972 plane, inside the tail cone (partially exposed to
elements) there's a pair of spade connectors for the nav
light.  Difficult to replace, that arrangement is rusted,
corroded, and soaked with dirty oil.  From the control
hardware above it dripping oil I put there every inspection.
The nav light just simply refuses to ever not work.  If
anyone wants the brand and part# of this connector, I can
maybe research it!  ;-)

Reg,
Fred F.