Re: Europa-List: Which Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Which Prop
From: Bryan Allsop <bryan@blackballclub.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:26:03

Hi Peter,

I do not know the Rospellor prop, and can make no comparisons.

I have converted my XS to Kremin CS. This enables more efficient, smoother
performance in cruise, but does not seem to seriously improve take off
performance. You should note that the extra weight involves will seriously
detract from useful payload, possibly by as much as 20 pounds.

The consensus is that the conversion is worthwhile with the 80 horse 912 on
short fields. The 100 horse 912S makes the conversion les relevant,
particularly when using longer strips.

You will get plenty of conflicting advice on this I am sure, but my personal
opinion is that the fixed pitch did not come a poor second place. I would
not convert back now that I have spent my money (2300), but perhaps I could
have installed autopilot, or something else to more advantage with the
money.

Cheers!  Bryan. G-BYSA XS Mono.