RE: Europa-List: Transition training for XS Mono

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Transition training for XS Mono
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:01:27

  Hey Craig!  Well done on getting that XS done!  I had an older EAA type
instructor/test
pilot test fly my Mono, and then check me out in it and do my tailwheel
endorsement.
  He's a long time sailplane pilot and is not scared by the Mono at all.
He's still available and
could do all three with you in your Mono I'm sure.  You could trailer your
plane down to
Denver and get daily lessons.  I could also give you some right seat time in
my Mono.
I even have space for your plane in my hangar although it would have to be
left on the
trailer to fit.  Might take a couple of trips if we ran into a stretch of
bad weather.  You
might even have to suffer thru a few days skiing when it was too windy to
fly.  Most mornings are calm even on the windy days but it was calm all day
yesterday.
I flew last night for an hour and it was dead calm.  Today, the wind started
up at 9:00 AM
but its sunny and 55 F.
  Before I found this guy, I was going to trailer my plane out to San Diego
and get checked
out with Kim Prout.  Something to consider.  Or you could get your test
flights done and
TW endorsement there and just trailer down for transition training.  Cheers!

                                              Glenn