RE: Europa-List: RE: Oil Thermostat

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: Oil Thermostat
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:16:25

Ok Jos thanks for that, However what if the cooler breaks and you start
loosing oil (I had that problem but only on a half hour flight!) With
mine the cooler is in circuit only a miniscule period of time so a leak
would be kept to the absolute minimum when you landed you'd get to
notice before the "donkey" packed up aloft !

I've just seen Richards message as to where the cooler on the Rotax is
situated so similar may apply except it would be pulling air in ......
don't you believe it IMHO oil would still p.... out !
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300