Re: Europa-List: Oil Thermostat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil Thermostat
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:43:35

Yes they do (i.e. open very rapidly within a few degrees) around the
temperature that they are 'rated' for, and close less rapidly. If you try it
in water you'll see what I mean; an element rated at 80 will be doing next
to nothing at around 78, then be fully open by about 82.
Having to dig deep in memory for this one!
If the temperature at any time exceeds 140 C then the wax element is
permanently destroyed.

Duncan McF.