Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Starter switch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Starter switch
From: Tony Bale <tony.bale@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:39:08

Ron,
        We have an XS Mono 912S with about 110 hours. We have installed
individual high quality ignition switches with a micro switch (guarded) on
the throttle quadrant housing for the starter, this allows one hand to hold
the choke open and activate the starter. This set up also allows us to
achieve oil pressure with a higher cranking speed prior to first ignition
followed by the second (both switches on check is included in the vital
actions prior to take off) on. One ignition at a time shutdown also helps
the clutch (he said hopefully). We also have a parking brake
It works well, and leaves you a spare hand just incase its needed (no idea
what for mind you) we have found the only two ways to start the engine are
either when fully hot just a touch of throttle and zero choke, or cold, zero
throttle full choke and then tickle choke shut with very gentle throttle
opening once its running, both instances preceded by 3 or 4 seconds of
electric fuel pump to prime the circuit. So far starting has been reliable,
including a few very hot and very cold starts.

Thats our thoughts anyway, hope it helps.

ATB

Tony