Europa-List: XS Monowheel hot cylinders?

Subject: Europa-List: XS Monowheel hot cylinders?
From: Rmi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:41:26
         From: "R\351mi Guerner" <ai...

Ron,

---From my record book:
With the 914: I had 2 CHT probes and 4 EGTs. ROTAX cooling air baffle installed.
CHT2 was always between 2 and 5 degrees Celsius hotter than CHT3. EGT 3 was
generally the hottest but not always. Sometimes EGT4  was the highest. According
to the ROTAX factory, cylinder 2  was supposed to be the leanest and EGT 2
the highest but I never got that on my own engine.
Now with the 912S: I have 2 CHTs and no EGT. ROTAX cooling air baffle installed.
CHT3 is always between 8 and 15 degrees Celsius hotter than CHT2.
Note that threaded CHT probes can be installed only on cyl 2 and 3.
Hope that helps.

Remi Guerner

F-PGKL, XS S/N395 monowheel,   288 hours on a 914 + 89 hours since fitted with
the 912S.

From: <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>

Those flying XS Monowheel with 914 which cylinder on each side show
highest for EGT and CHT?

Those flying XS Monowheel with 912S (with Rotax cooling air baffle
installed) which cylinder on each side show highest for EGT and CHT?

I will be monitoring just 2 cylinders for 914 XS Monowheel for CHT and EGT
and would like to position sensors on the hot "SIDE" of things.

Our 914 / XS Monowheel has an Airmaster, intercooler, factory recommended
stainless firewall, Rotax cooling air baffle.

Thx.
Ron Parigoris