Re: Europa-List: RE: Ampreg 20

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Ampreg 20
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:41:35

>The solution was to wash out with soapy water

Richard - either your water or your soap must be different to what I
can get in Cheltenham - despite advice from SP that each component of
SP20 is water-soluble before thay meet up with each other, I have
never managed to clean off either resin or hardener completely
satisfactorily with anything less than acetone.

My second-hand pump was squirting out brown stuff when I first tried
it, despite the input liquids being clean  cleaning out the
rust in the pump innards solved that (after emptying the reservoirs -
a glass turkey baster is the answer here!).

Beats me why they don't make the metal bits out of stainless instead
of mild steel - after all they charge enough for it ...

regards

Rowland