Europa-List: L.G. FRAME CRACK

Subject: Europa-List: L.G. FRAME CRACK
From: SPurpura@AOL.COM
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 21:33:20

During preflight today I noticed that the spinner was a little offset and
hanging a bit low,after removing the cowl I found that the l.g. frame had
cracked

& separated just behind the port upper motor mount. I believe the crack
occured when the manifold cross-over tube was disconnected during  carb
balancing

several months ago and the 914 ran so rough (with the cross-over disconnected )

that it was shut down for fear of breaking a motor mount. If anyone would
like to see a pic.,let me know where to post it.  Sam   N77EU