Re: Europa-List: Ampreg 20

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ampreg 20
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:43:40

The color change is simple oxidation, a natural occurance, once the
material is exposed to the atmosphere.  If like AeroPoxy, it will not
affect the outcome.  N55XS is flying with one wing in maroon epoxy and
one in clear.  Haven't noticed anything coming apart, yet... ;)

Jeff - N55XS
127 hrs

Flying Farmer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Im looking for some advice on the state of my Ampreg 20 hardener, been a new
builder and getting ready for my very first lay-up of the rudder. The hardener
seems to have become contaminated in my resin pump. It has turned brown in
colour
and I fear it is no good for use. The expiry date is 2007. It turned in colour
in the second hand resin pump, I did clean it out the best I could but fear
the contamination has come from within the pump. I did make my Europa chock
with this resin and seems OK ( PFA Inspector still to see it)