Re: Europa-List: ROTAX CHT + oil temp

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ROTAX CHT + oil temp
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:29:49

All

I see that Karel brought my name into this discussion.  Thank :) .

I did make changes to the XS lower cowling that helped in cooling .  I will have
to post some pictures of the work in an album.  (not right now, too busy at
Galaxy Hobby)

What I did was to contour the inside of the large air scoop so there was a
smooth
flow for the air. I relocated the oil cooler so it got a direct shot of air
and that air exited over the muffler and helped to cool it a bit.  There are
other changes I did in this aria that were not done for cooling, so when you
look
at my pictures your will see a mod to the muffler and new exhaust exit portals
on the cowling. Come to think of it, those exit ports would help a lot !
:)

I will try to get an album put together this Sunday.

PS:  Evens does not make the Rotax run cooler. Quit the opposite, it runs
hotter.
Water is the best heat transfer fluid. BUT, Evens will not boil over !!!!!

Happy New Year !

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020