Europa-List: Rotax power plants for sale

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax power plants for sale
From: Bruce <bruce@justbruce.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:53:09

Holiday Greetings:

Pardon me for a blatant commercial message, but many of you may be
interested in a Rotax deal that has been offered no where else.  A retired
engineer friend is selling some bits from his lab that were left over when
he retired.  This pile of stuff includes five (5) new Rotax power plants
that were not needed during the course of a high-altitude aviation research
project he and his company performed a few years ago.

If you are interested, please CONTACT HIM DIRECTLY (DO NOT contact me as I
have no additional information other than that below.  DON'T BE SILLY AND
RESPOND TO THIS LIST as he will never see it here).

According to my notes (which may have some inaccuracies)
1.  These are all 1997 vintage engines, but according to the U.S.
distributor, new ones are substantially the same engine.
2.  They are in their original Rotax packing cases.
3.  They are stock engines exactly as Rotax sold them.  These are not custom
military versions.
4.  These engines are new and have not been run.
5.  These engines were just moved last week from Southern California to
Livermore Airport just east of San Francisco where they can be inspected.

He has 2 of the 912 (NOT 912S) models.  Current cost new he believes is now
around $12,400.  He is offering these at $10,000.

He has 2 of the 914 models.  Current cost new he believes is around $23,000.
He is offering these at $18,000.

He has 1 additional 912 that had been modified with some additional parts
and he is in the process of removing those parts and replacing them with the
original items that had been removed from that engine.  I don't remember any
other details on that engine but price will probably be about the same as
the other 912.

I have no idea how flexible he is on pricing so contact him directly with
any questions.  Please note that Dave did some research on the cost of used
and new Rotax engines and believes his prices are fair and realistic.  These
engines just came on the market and have been offered no where else so a
quick cash offer may get you a little bit better deal unless Rotax raises
their prices again.  His personal preference is to finalize purchases after
the beginning of the New Year.

You Rotax fans may be interested to know that Dave's triple-stage turbo
charger and the other modifications that his lab created allowed the 914s to
output 80 horsepower at 80,000 feet and 65 horsepower at 90,000 feet.

Bruce
A142 Conventional Tail Dragger
Tracy, CA