RE: Europa-List: Fuel consumption - Cold day

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel consumption - Cold day
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 06:04:02

Hi!Paul
During my quest for improved fuel usage on my Jabiru 3300 I used to
blast around at generally 2,400 RPM with manifold pressure at approx. "
squared " (the general rule of thumb) at 24" at around 120 kts cruise
using about 6 Imp. Gallons per hour. I now have generally 5 Imp Gallons
per hour with 2,600RPM and manifold pressure of 20" but 110 kts cruise.
I can often improve on that but only by flying high. The colder ambient
temperatures allow a more efficient mix combination so you save fuel and
increase power
Hence Intercooler Technology.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300