Re: Europa-List: black body radioation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: black body radioation
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:47:42

I beg to differ.
Black is far more absorptive than white. But the emissivity is little
different between the two colours; in other words, if heat is being LOST by
radiation, then black is only marginally more efficient than white. Of
course "radiators" transfer heat mostly by conduction, which is not affected
by colour.

Duncan McF.