Europa-List: Trikes vs Monos

Subject: Europa-List: Trikes vs Monos
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:45:51
 12, 2005) at 11/27/2005 03:46:02 PM,
        Serialize complete at 11/27/2005 03:46:02 PM

Alan quotes Andy to the effect that the trike always ran out of petrol
first in a cross country....
Might have something to do with the extra tank capacity available for
mono's whilst we still
wait for it in trike's.  I wouldn't mind an extra 10 US gallons (though my
bladder might), especially
to meet IFR fuel reserve requirements (i.e., from primary to alternate
airport, thence 45 min
at standard cruise).

Also, having flown a bit with Jim, I could vouch for him not being able to
wheel land ;-),
but then I certainly could not and would not try.

Ira N224XS Trike
Currently down for an unresolved oil temp/pressure problem