Re: Europa-List: off-topic: Re: Display of the Pound Symbol

Subject: Re: Europa-List: off-topic: Re: Display of the Pound Symbol
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:57:22

In furture if I want to insert this I will write the  piece in Word  and then
>cut and paste into the email.   This should work????

Patrick - no!

I think you have missed  the vital part of Bruce's explanation - the
UK pound sign is not  included in the 128-character US ASCII set.
However you contrive to  insert that character (which will be
different character codes  depending on various features of your own
machine) in your message, it  will still NOT get transmitted as-is by
e-mail.

If I send myself an email with pound sterling symbols inserted it all  comes
out correct.  Why is this?  Sorry not to be a  technocrat.

Patrcik