Re: Europa-List: mounting base for finger brake cylinder

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mounting base for finger brake cylinder
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:03:18

Gidday Bruce, from Aussie,
Sorry guys. Stuffed up the reply again.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Hibernating Aussie.

I am still out here, but quiet on the Europa front. At the moment I am in
the doldrums, and distracted with the harmonica. What a pleasure to be able
to make a mistake and not have to physically repair it, or undo it, or redo
it, let alone the mental trauma that goes with it. So, I hope to get back
on my bike soon, but it is a slow struggle at the moment. I hope your build
is going well, and I read your queries about mounting your Jamar finger
brakes. Here is a photo of how I made up a cross-tunnel shelf. In fact I
will try and explain it. I measured up a piece of ply for the location
within the tunnel I wanted my shelf, then made it about 2 mm less wide. I
then layed up 2 or 3w plies of BID on the ply, on a bench, and overlapped
the ply by about 2" on the edges that mate with the sides of the tunnel. I
then flipped it over and did the same with the bottom. I then placed it in
position within the tunnel, after lining the tunnel walls with plastic. I
then taped the excess to the walls of the tunnel and let it set. With a lot
of yanking I was able to pull it out, and then cut down and shape the
integral brackets that were the excess cloth. Locate, and then drill in
position. Worked for me. I'll now try and find a picture. Hope this
diatribe helps. Hey, you still running around down to Mexico in that swanky
single turboprop.??? Gee, talk about envy :-)
Reg
Tony Renshaw