Europa-List: Throttle Cables

Subject: Europa-List: Throttle Cables
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:41:47

        I read with interest Erich's suggestion to replace the kit cable
internal lines with AS parts, which (I forget who) said were not a good fit.
We sometimes speak in generalities, and while I agree that this fills most
needs, actual measurements mean a lot more, to me at least. Remember, I'm in
an innumerate society, where large become monstrous, extralarge or even
professionally big, but the numbers are gone.
        So I brang out my micorsizer and the diameter of the unsatisfactory
innards is 0.060 inches or 1.52mm. I can get "piano wire" at that diameter.
Do you think that would work? I understand that the technical standards are
missing, but it seems to have the hard characteristics that the throttle
'push' needs to avoid kinking.
        Also some poor fish deleted the message before I could research the
technical name for the 'lubricant' down the cables. I think it was me. Might
as well do the choke lines too.
Flames?
Ferg
A064