Re: Europa-List: Rough running 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rough running 914
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:09:04

I seem to be having a run of problems lately.

Having  done a complete refurbishment of my 914 I have spent some time
trying
to get the engine to run smoothly, without  success............

Hi Erich and many thanks for your  interesting tip.  I will try that next
time I am at the  aeroplane.  This afternoon I found a slight discrepancy
between

the  throttle openings (left fully closed when right was very slightly open -
 about enough to put a finger nail in).  Fixed that and then had to  run the
aircraft into shelter as it started to pour with rain - no  cowlings on etc.so

no chance for an engine run

I do not know if this will make any difference but various people  have said
that Carb. balance is critical.

Patrick