Europa-List: Rough Running

Subject: Europa-List: Rough Running
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:40:14

I seem to be having a run of problems lately.

Having done a complete refurbishment of my 914 I have spent some time  trying
to get the engine to run smoothly, without success.

After warm up it will run perfectly at above say 4000 rpm and at  idling but
in between it is VERY roungh,  The whole airframe shakes  and it is on 3
cylinders at best.

I have got perfect running at high revs and have got the engine and  prop
running spot on at the recommended 5200 static. I have done lengthy  runs at
high

revs (until CHT's start to complain), in the hope of clearing  the problem,
but no luck.

Plugs have been changed for new, carbs thoroughly cleaned + jets  etc., and
fuel filters.  I have now run out of ideas and would  welcome any suggestions
of where to go next.

Patrick