Re: Europa-List: First Flight N241BW

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First Flight N241BW
From: Matthew Carpenter <europaxs@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:35:04

Jim

Great to hear that you have flown! Hope to see your new bird at Oshkosh
next year!

Where did you place your O2 tank?
Thanks,

Matthew Carpenter

Jim Butcher wrote:

>Europa XS N241BW, A185 took to the skies Sunday, Oct 2, 2005 at 1615 Zulu.  Jim
flew the plane for about 10 minutes, basically around the pattern.  It handles
and flies nicely!  We do have some cooling issues to address.  Jim & Heather
will take turns completing the 40 hrs of flight test.

>Our Europa is a monowheel, 914 powered with intercooler, Airmaster AP332 prop.
It also features dual alternators, built in oxygen, full IFR instrumentation
consisting of Garmin 430 and Blue Mountain EFIS One and EFIS Lite.

>For Rowland ... the flight took place at Almena Airport, Michigan (2C5).  It
>weighs
in at 960 lbs (heavier than we had hoped).  Jim & Heather started the
construction
in May 2000 and the total project consumed about 4500 hours between
the two of us.  We did the entire project including paint in our 2 car garage!
Next are the glider wings!