Europa-List: to Tom Lowsley re: eurpoa XS tri-gear project for sale

Subject: Europa-List: to Tom Lowsley re: eurpoa XS tri-gear project for sale
From: Milt Black <black333@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:33:17

Tom, Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, there are quite a few Jabiru 3300 europas
flying, especially here in the US. There are at least two that I know of
that are flying locally out of French Valley Airport (Temecula/Murrietta,CA)
The Jabiru seems to becoming the engine of choice here in the US. If it were
not a popular choice I doubt if Suncoast Sportplanes in Florida would be
going to the trouble of designing and marketing a complete firewall forward
kit strictly for the europa. Incidentally, It's a vast improvement over the
europa/rotax firewall forward kit. Essentially, the Jabiru is an aircraft
engine, six cylinder, air cooled, direct drive, no gear box, no liquid
cooling radiators. It's a simple, honest, low revving, engine. The Rotax is
not. The Jabiru is a bit lighter and puts out more power using about the
same amount of fuel as the Rotax, maybe less. If you really want more info
on the Jab, I suggest you get in touch with Andy Sylvester at Suncoast
Sportplanes, tel. 813 779 2324. He has alot of experience with both engines
and can also answer your questions re performance/weight and a better
estimate of how many Jab powered europas are flying or under construction. I
would have called you or e-mailed you direct, but there was no address or
phone number in your matronics message. Please call should you need more
info. Thanks, Milt Black