Europa-List: re: through the firewall

Subject: Europa-List: re: through the firewall
From: paul atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:53:55

Mike
I did mine by marking out the cut out needed on the stbd edge of the
firewall (not a hole)
then made radial cuts with tin snips to just short of the mark (about 2mm
I think). I then bent each spike of metal back, resulting in a radiused
edge. Cut off the surplus and file away any sharp edges and bob's your
uncle. You can enlarge the cut out if necessary with a bit of judicious
hammering until it gently clamps the tubing. I put some electrical tape
over the cut out and a sleeve over the fuel lines where they pass the
firewall.

Regards

Paul Atkinson

> Still trying to find the best way to get the rubber fuel lines through
> the
stainless steel firewall.