RE: Europa-List: Oil Temperature again

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Oil Temperature again
From: Jack Heijboer <j.heijboer@vmij.nl>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:12:55

Peter,

Europa XS PH-JGW - 110 Hours -Rotax 914- Synthetic oil- Oil change every 25
hours,
used oil goes into the family cars - Airmaster prop -

Yesterday we did our testing for a %
$%
& noise certificate, lots of runs at various RPM's, OAT was 26 Celsius. I run a
914 and have always experienced high CHT. I lowered the oil cooler from behind
the radiator. Max. CHT yesterday 121 degr.C and my oil temp was 85 degr.C.
I used to be very worried with these CHT temps,I have seen 130 degr.C in France
on take off on a very hot day OAT 31 degr. now with the new Evans coolant I feel
pretty relaxed.
I suggest you change the position of the oil cooler if this worries you, yr oil
temp is still acceptable, more important is the coolant.

Fly safely
Jack