Re: Europa-List: 914 Question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Question
From: Kevin And Ann Klinefelter <kevann@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:00:51

Thanks Cliff,  Just what I was lookin for

Kevin
donot archive

Cliff Shaw wrote:

>KEVIN
>
>The Rotax SI-18-1997 R5 has the information you want. It came out last fall.
>
>Cliff Shaw
>1041 Euclid ave.
>Edmonds, WA 98020
>425 776 5555
>http://www.europaowners.org/WileE

hours endurance is that more than my wings would be wet. I am putting a 914
in my bird when the time comes, but have not seen a manual. I don't know what
Rotax recommends, but I plan to use Mobil 1 or Amsoil synthetics in mine, mainly
for the sake of the turbo.
>  >
>  >Vaughn Teegarden
>  >N914VA
>  >standing here with wires in my hands and fear in my heart
>  >
>  >
>  >"My engine ( a plain old 912) has 720 hrs on it now and at last check showed
virtually no sign of use. I also run it at 4ooo rpm for economy cruise. I see
less than 10 liters per hour of fuel flow (in cold air). I could not think of
any reason why the engine would wear prematurely if run at such speeds (or does
idle kill engines ?). Every millimeter the throttle can be pulled back will
improve fuel flow. Only a tick more and she uses 14 liters with only a 2 knot
gain in speed.
>  >
>  >I am looking forward to building those glider wings and partially wet them.
With onboard fuel (and only a slight disregard of gross weight) the endurance
could be pushed to over 30 hours. Where would you rather be than in the air ?"