Re: Europa-List: Fuel smell 912S XS front fire wall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel smell 912S XS front fire wall
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:06:55

Colin,
I have had the same problem. I believe it is the fuel hoses we got from
Europa that permeates the smell.(By the time I used them they were already 6
years old) I replaced all my 'inside fuselage' hoses with better quality
fuel injection hoses and that helped a lot. I now have a slight smell which
I believe are the hoses from the electric fuel pump forward which I didn't
replace but shall do shortly.
Have a smell of the hoses in the engine compartment. These were the ones
with steel braiding from the electric fuel pump forward to be replaced!
Hope it is of help.
Cheers,
Tim
Tim Ward