Europa-List: seats

Subject: Europa-List: seats
From: paul atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:51:16

Sven

I copied the shape of my seat back from a peugeot 205 which I had always
found comfortable after several hours. I shaped a block of foam to match
it and then laid up 2 plies of bid onto it.  I added some foam and glass
stiffeners to the back of the layup to preserve its shape and then got it
upholstered. The end result is very comfortable. It was rather labour
intensive but worth the effort. Temperfoam is definately a good idea for
the base not only for comfort, but for its energy absorbtion, which might
save your spine after a heavy impact.
If you would like more details contact me off list.

Paul

From: "Sven den Boer" <svendenboer@quicknet.nl>
Subject: Europa-List: Seating

<svendenboer@quicknet.nl>

Dear Europaphiles,

A problem with seating occurs to me.
After an hour or so my back feels like broken.
Current cushions are filled with ordinary polyetherfoam types of 5/6 cm
thicknes.

Any designs and/or material tips/vendors available to help me out ?

Best Regards,

Sven den Boer
The Netherlands