RE: Europa-List: locator beacon

Subject: RE: Europa-List: locator beacon
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:49:25

Hi Richard
I got mine from Harry Mehendellson's and always carry it as part of my
"grab bag" a trick I learned from my sailing days. I consider it a vital
part of my flying kit. Basically I put together a small pack containing
a handheld VHF, ELT, some warm clothes(vacuum packed) and lots of mars
bars, matches etc. They all fit nicely in an old video camera case and
are kept with the shoulder strap hanging between the seats hence the
term "grab bag" hopefully I will never need it, but personally I
wouldn't fly without it especially over water. My advise is BUY ONE :-)
Cheers

Alan